Thursday, February 23, 2006

Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to "First Talk, Then T". This blog is about officiating basketball games.

I am a referee from Europe, and I ref games on a professional level. We use 2 and 3 men mechanics, depending on the league we work for, but it's always FIBA rules and mechanics.

Why did I come up with just another blog? First of all, I love to read about other referee's experiences and there was not much in this regard on the internet. Google doesn't find any blogs from officials for officials and everybody else who is just interested. Reading an officiating forum I came across that guy bloggingref's profile and his blog "Illegal Screen". I enjoyed reading his accounts of games he had and other stuff related to officiating. But what really got me going was the possibility of having my own game log. That's something I wanted to do forever. Keep track of my games, with self evaluation and feedback from others, highlights and stuff ... so the best part of "Illegal Screen" was his game log with "things to work on", "things I did well" and "next". So, expect to find something similiar here :-)

In addition to a game log I plan to post different stuff about referee training, philosophy of officiating, books I read about. Basically, everything that I come across and that has something to do with refereeing. Because this is what I love!

So, make sure you come back to see what's new :-)

Yours,
BBallRef


PS: You may have noticed already, but English is not my native language. I appologize for any mistakes you may find. Please, let me know about them (maybe not all of them, though), especially if there is anything that could be misunderstood. I'll then happily correct my post.

PPS: Feel free to link to this blog, share your thoughts (comment on my posts), or drop me an email.

2 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger TeacherRefPoet said...

Welcome aboard, bballref!

I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog, and I'm really looking forward to reading yours. For one thing, you work at a much higher level of basketball than I do, so I'll love learning from you as you go along.

Also, I think your English is probably better than mine.

Stick to it...I'll be reading! Hope the semipro game went well...I'll look forward to seeing how it went.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger BBallRef said...

Thank you, blogging ref!

I hope I can meet your expectations ;) And to be honest, there is one thing, I already learned from you ... keep a game log. Because in the past, I was only thinking about it. Now, I'm doing it and that's because of your blog!

So, keep reading. I'll post tonight (my time zone) how the game went.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home