Sunday, April 02, 2006

Recap, April 1, 2006 - I got my mojo back :-)

I haven't got new keys yet, but who needs new keys if you can have a good game?

With almost no pressure, a lopsided women's game (50 point blowout, last quarter 23-0 !!!!), and a less experienced partner I had a very nice game on Saturday. The most important thing for me was that we had fun together. My partner, one of a few female referees we have on that level in women's basketball, and I were a very good team yesterday. It was fun, it was smooth, just a great game overall. It was a play-off game but the outcome was clear from the start ... we still managed to keep our concentration up until the end, and it paid off. In the end we had to make a couple of calls on unnecessarily rough fouls, committed by a frustrated visiting team.

Much more difficult was the night after the game. It was the first night alone with my son (9 months old), because my wife worked a night shift for the first time since our son's birthday. Even though I was really nervous, except for one hour between midnight and 1 a.m., where he woke up and couldn't get back to sleep, it was a peaceful night. From one o'clock he slept until his mom came back from work :-)

In addition to yesterday's game and last night, today was a good day. Sunny, dry ... a lot of time with my family and no game to ref or travel to do. We went to see a boulder competition held in a community center around the corner from our house, made a trip to the park and had coffee and cake in a small café in one of the most interesting neighborhoods of our beautiful city.

Have a great week, everybody. Read more on Thursday or Friday about the upcoming game on Saturday. I will make the trip back to the town where I lost my keys a week ago ... may be somebody has found them in the meantime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home