Thursday, April 06, 2006

Run, Forrest, run!

I wrote here about how some of my games went wrong because I was in a bad mood, felt too much pressure, or just couldn't enjoy myself on the court as I usually would.

I think a large part of the reason that I felt this way was that I didn't run enough! No, not during games, but at home, in the park, by the river ... I used to run a lot. 3, 4 times per week between 6 and 15 miles. Running for me has always been like meditation. It calms me down, gives me a chance to be alone for an hour or two, think through everything that's on my mind. I love running, no matter what kind of wheather we got, I would go run. Once, I lived in Vancouver, Canada for 4 months. I think during this period it was raining three out of four days, but I ran, every single day.

During the last three months I did not run at all. All I did was go to the games, referee, and get back home. I didn't run because I couldn't find the time to do it. I had too much to do at work, and of course I wanted to spend time with my family. Now, that the situation has eased up, I am running again :-) And I feel so much better now. After just two weeks I have already started to loose weight (added 10 pounds since christmas) and feel way more comfortable ... So, everybody out there, get off the couch and run!!!

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home